Castle Gorge Booking Info
We use an online booking system called Quicket for bookings. The tickets cost R90 per person, and there are a limited number of permits per day. There is a price increase to R120 per person as of 01 January 2024.
PLEASE NOTE: YOU NEED TO BOOK AT LEAST TWO DAYS IN ADVANCE SO THAT WE HAVE A CHANCE TO CREATE YOUR PERMIT WHICH WILL BE SENT TO YOU, TOGETHER WITH A MAP AND SUGGESTED HIKE ROUTES. NO PERMIT MEANS NO ENTRY.
Please note that this is not a venue: there are no shops and no toilet facilities – it’s just you and the wilderness. It is a difficult hike and requires a good level of fitness.
How to Book:
· Click Here to access the Quicket booking system (quicket.co.za)
· This link will take you to all the current Events for Castle Gorge. These events include:-
Individual Permits - We schedule individual permit bookings 3 months in advance. (e.g Castle Gorge Day Visitor Pass - Runs from 01 March 2023 - 31 March 2023)
Monthly Hike with Johannesburg Hiking Club - For the purchase of permits for a specific Sunday Hike with the JCH, select the event -( e.g Johannesburg Hiking Club - 12 March 2023)
· Select TICKETS
· Select a date – white is not available, green – tickets are available.
Before you start booking, make sure that there are enough tickets available for your group.
· Click on the dropdown beneath to confirm your date.
· Select the number of tickets, enter your details and go to Checkout to pay.
We will access your details and send a permit a few days before your hike.
Do not go without your permit and your map.
Please stick to the route on the map, as trespassing onto neighbouring properties will get us all into trouble.
For any further queries, please send us an email message , Click Here.
Johannesburg Hiking Club